Easy Potato, Eggs, Bell peppers, Onions and Cheese Skillet Recipe.
Easy to make, and wonderful for a tight budget. This recipe is great for breakfast lunch or dinner and you can add more ingredients if you like too! (mushrooms, bacon, ham, etc……) Makes just enough for our family of 5 (3 small children and 2 adults). You can easily double it for a larger family or if you want left overs.
3 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 large onion sliced or diced
1 green pepper diced
1 cup cheese or more if you like lots of cheese!
garlic salt to taste optional
salt and pepper to taste.
Put a couple tablespoons of oil in a deep frying pan and arrange potatoe slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until they are somewhat browned on both sides.
Mix the eggs, onion, green pepper and garlic salt and pour on top of the browned potato slices in the frying pan. Top with cheese and cook on low-medium until eggs are done in the center.
That’s it! Easy, cheap and healthy Potato cheese, egg skillet recipe! :)
My favorite pancakes in the whole wide world are…..German Pancakes! I love them! I think the first time my mom made them was when my older brother was in home economics in Junior High, and he had brought home a little recipe book with a variety of recipes in it. I still have that book today and you can tell that the German Pancake recipe has been well used! You know, grease spots, bits of flour, stained pages. That’s how you know a recipe is well loved!
So here is the scrumptuous recipe! This is a MUST try if you’ve never had German Pancakes before!
German Pancake Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
German Pancake Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 2-quart casserole dish (or 1 tablespoon butter each in 2 pie pans) and set in oven until the butter melts. Remove
- With a wire whip, blend together the eggs, milk, salt, and sugar.
- Add the flour to the blended eggs and milk mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour pancake batter into the casserole dish(or half into each pie pan) with the melted butter.
- bake for 20 min. or until puffy and well browned.
- Serve German pancakes with powdered sugar and lemon juice, syrup or fruit! Enjoy!
Sorry, no pictures yet, but I’ll try and post some soon. Hope you enjoyed this German Pancake recipe! Let me know what you think!