My favorite pancakes in the whole wide world are…..German Pancakes! I love them! I think the first time my mom made them was when my older brother was in home economics in Junior High, and he had brought home a little recipe book with a variety of recipes in it. I still have that book today and you can tell that the German Pancake recipe has been well used! You know, grease spots, bits of flour, stained pages. That’s how you know a recipe is well loved!
So here is the scrumptuous recipe! This is a MUST try if you’ve never had German Pancakes before!
German Pancake Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
German Pancake Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 2-quart casserole dish (or 1 tablespoon butter each in 2 pie pans) and set in oven until the butter melts. Remove
- With a wire whip, blend together the eggs, milk, salt, and sugar.
- Add the flour to the blended eggs and milk mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour pancake batter into the casserole dish(or half into each pie pan) with the melted butter.
- bake for 20 min. or until puffy and well browned.
- Serve German pancakes with powdered sugar and lemon juice, syrup or fruit! Enjoy!
Sorry, no pictures yet, but I’ll try and post some soon. Hope you enjoyed this German Pancake recipe! Let me know what you think!